The Finance Officer is a key member of the finance team in Hong Kong. He or she will be responsible for all account receivable matters in Hong Kong and providing occasional support within other offices in Asia.
• Daily receipting of credit advices and cheque receipts for Office Accounts and Clients
• Manage electronic transfers between Harneys accounts on daily basis.
• Accurate allocation to fee notes on Elite including liaising with fee earners to allocate
• Respond Finance related queries by email and telephone to internal and external
• Processing of bills, WIP write offs, zero billing, bad debt write offs and fee note
• Liaise with HSBC about signatories and general queries.
• Timely investigation of unidentified items to ensure no long term un-resolved issues
develop and return unidentified funds to the original senders if it cannot be identified.
• Daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
• Monthly WIP and AR provisions calculations and other month end closing journals.
• Assisting with WIP review, using system reports and liaising with fee earners and
• Ad-hoc tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree holder in Accounting or Finance
• 2-3 year experience, preferably with relevant experience gained in legal or
professional service industry
• Professional in English and fair in Mandarin